Friday 15 July 2011

Friend Friday: Labels

Hello Ladies, it's Friday and I think I am finally able to get back to some blogging so I thought I could start with a Friend Friday post. This is a pretty simple one and not very heavy, luckily, but I hope to have some proper posts up soon.

This week we are talking about labelling ourselves and others.
1. As someone who writes/blogs about fashion, have you placed yourself into some sort of blogging category?
I don't think I really have put myself in a blogging category. I am pretty much an all rounder I think. I do a little bit of everything and I think my fashion sense is fairly eclectic. So I don't feel I need to label myself other than to say I am an 'all round fashion blogger'.

2. What keeps you from or encourages you to label yourself as a certain kind of blogger?
I just think I don't really fit tidily in to specific category plus I don't really want to limit myself in any way.

3. When picking blogs to read and follow are you drawn to ones that indicate a certain group or way of thinking/being?
I don't think I am drawn to a specific type of blog or blogger. I like to read about all sorts of things and I love to see all sorts of fashion styles even the styles I myself do not wear. I have found so many different and interesting blogs since I started blogging myself and think that is really what the blogging world is all about, people being able to express themselves in their own way.

4. Do you think there are benefits in labeling yourself or others?
I don't think there are any benefits if you wish to write about many things. There is only a good reason to label yourself if you intend to be very specific about what you write about or if you have a huge passion about a specific subject. A 'Beauty Blogger' may find it beneficial to label themselves to allow themselves to focus on their subject better. I think it may also work for people who have a very niche fashion sense to allow other people with the same niche to find them and really relate to them.

5. Agree or Disagree - We're all just people; we don't need all the labels.
Agree - and I am not putting a lengthy response here as I think all my above answers pretty much cover my views on this.

Ok so what do you ladies think?

Daisymay X

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. Hi- DAisy, good to hear from you! Yes I agree in "no labels"at least for myself. I think I like too many things to want to be put under one label. I'm drawn to blogs with personality not just nice pictures; bloggers who share their honest thoughts. Thanks for sharing your blogger musing, I enjoyed it.

    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails