Friday 14 January 2011

Friend Friday: Outfit Selection

Hello ladies, as I am back blogging I thought I should get back to doing my Friend Friday posts too. So this weeks topic is how we chose our outfits. Sadly I feel my answers for this will not be very interesting as I am a wing-it kinda dresser most of the time, but here they are for you anyway.

1. How do you determine what you will wear that day?
Like I have said above, I am very much a wing-it type of dresser. It obviously depends on what I am going to be doing that day (and what the weather is like) but I usually just pull on the first item I feel like then match the rest of the outfit to that. Now and again I will know if I want to try style a specific item, maybe if it's new or something, And sometimes if I know me and Jon are going to do a photo shoot then I may actually think about what I am going to wear. But 90% of the time it's just a what ever goes outfit.

2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month,
weekend?
Nope! Unless I am going home for a few days then I may actually plan a few outfits so I know I have something to wear each day. But not normally.

3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already
worn so you don't repeat?
Well if you check on my link bar up top you will find a link for 'The Wardrobe'. On there I have listed all the items I have worn on the blog so far and each item links to the outfits including that item, so I know (and you know) how I have previously worn the item. But very soon Jon is installing a new programme on my laptop that I am getting very excited about. It allows me to photograph all my items and sort them into sections, then drag them onto screen and build outfits and save combinations, hehe, fun! So maybe when I get that I will start organising outfits in advance and actually thinking about my styling a bit more.

4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet?
(Trial try-ons? Hanging items together?)
I just try things out. I feel I have a decent idea most of the time about what works with what in my wardrobe, so I can usually match outfits fairly easily. But occasionally I might feel like trying out something new so will just put it all on and if it does than great and if not I change an item. I do occasionally hang items together if I am trying to work an outfit out for something in specific (like my interview this week) but trying things on is always better because of how clothes hang or layer together, which you don't really see on hangers.

5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do
to cut down your dressing time?
Well planning maybe one of them but I am organising my wardrobe so at least I know where to find things, that I think is one of the main things that slow down my dressing time. I sometimes know exactly what top I want to wear that day but can't find it, due to my overflowing draws and non-existend organisation. Once I have gone through all my clothes (which I intend to do over the next few weeks) I think I will be able to dress it little easier and experiment a little more as I will know exactly what I have (especially wit my new Dress Assistant programme!!).

So now you can see why I didn't think my answers would be very interesting, lol! Did you find them interesting or not (truthfully)? How do you decide what to wear? Are you one of the mega organised dressers out there? Does anyone else have Dress Assistant yet? Or any similar programme?

To see all the other FBFF answers just click here

Daisymay X

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

22 comments:

  1. Daisymay,
    Love all of your answers
    As for me, most of the time, I plan what I want to wear the night before, I even plan the make up, shoes, bag, and accessories too. That way I can save LOTS of time in dressing up

    Great Post Sweetie

    Wishing you a fabulous Friday and a Magnificent Weekend

    Kisses
    Jemina
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that about 'the wardrobe', have to check it out! That programme sounds ace, what's its name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your answers....I tend to wing it as well:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Lulus Giftcard Giveaway!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah my answers are so not exciting either, haha! I just thrown on whatever I want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That program Jon is installing for you sounds awesome! I'd love to read a review once you've started using it.

    Kendra
    http://closetconfections.com/2011/01/friend-friday-how-i-get-dressed/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really excited about this new program you are getting to mix and match clothing items. You'll have to do a post telling us all about how it works. Could be useful to so many of us! - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not at all organised! It's just whatever falls out the wardrobe first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That program sounds awesome!! I definitely want to know how it goes once you start using it. I am hoping to have my FBFF post up later this afternoon (I hope!!). Thanks so much for you comment!! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your answers are fab !!
    i find it hard to cut down dresing time as well :/

    glisters and blisters

    ReplyDelete
  11. So organized, I love it!

    P.S. I'm still looking for Big Sisters for my blogger mentor program and I think you'd be perfect! Contact me if you want more info!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I try things on, but except for the rare occasion wear I have to look nice but can't be dressy even a little bit it doesnt take me long at all. I have a much harder time with casual but nice looks. probably because most my casual clothes have been ruined by art activities that i do in them

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a wing-it dresser, too, even though I plan ahead. It doesn't ever work out for me. I have these awesome ideas schemed up and when I wake up, nope. It just doesn't feel right.

    I want the Dress Assistant software! That sounds AMAZING. I'd love to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i never plan outfits either...which i should do sometimes...on vacation for example so i can be a better packer .lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great answers! I usually can never plan what I am wearing...it has to be at the moment that I am getting dressed. Sometimes it's good sometimes not so good! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am totally a 'wing-it' dresser - I change my style with my moods!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wing it too, and good luck with your organization work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your answers! I definitely wing it too when it comes to deciding what to wear. It all just depends what I'm doing that day and what the weather is like. I'm not usually one to plan an outfit the night before or anything. Although that could certainly help cut down on the time I spend standing in my closet wondering what I should wear... Haha!

    Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh when leaving my last comment I totally forgot to thank you for visiting my blog! Thank you! and sorry about that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Umm, the programs you're getting installed sounds so amazing - I've been brainstorming a system to do something like that for awhile so that I don't try on my entire wardrobe every time I get dressed! ;) What's this program called? :)
    lovely blog! Thanks for stopping by mine! :)
    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh, that program sounds so fancy. I'm my answer I joked about having that computer program Cher used in the movie Clueless...you really have it!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, floral is very cute :) I am a "wing-it" dresser too. Well, if I see something in my wardrobe that I want to wear on a certain day, then I'll sort of plan it in my head. But I just wear whatever most of the time! I think these questions are really fun to read, just to see how other people dress and pick their clothing =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails