Monday 25 January 2010

Shopping Ban (kinda!)

Ok well I am putting myself on a kinda shopping ban! Now it's not a 'no shopping' kinda shopping ban, lol! I couldn't cope with that (although truthfully I buy very little as I am hugely lacking in funds). It's a 'no more impulsive buying' shopping ban. I am not allowing myself to buy anything just because it's pretty or cute, I have to need it or really have thought about it fitting into my current wardrobe. So a lot more thought before buying stuff. I have a list of things I would like to add to my current wardrobe and I am only going to look for them when ever I go shopping, and hopefully not get distracted by other things. I have actually been looking for a pair of Cowboy Boots for over 2 years because I am fussy and know exactly what kinda pair I am after. I want vintage (or vintage looking) ones that are oxblood red in colour but not with the typical pattern that all the high street ones have. Anyway, the ban! As I have mentioned I'm getting married in 15 weeks and we are currently saving to afford our dream honeymoon, a tour of china. We are hoping to go a few months after the wedding if we have saved enough money, hence the shopping ban.
So the list so far consists of
  • Said Cowboy Boots
  • White Lace Shift Dress
  • Braces
  • Tartan Dress
  • Plaid Pleated Skirt
  • Floral 50's Day Dress (with swing skirt)
  • Waistcoat
  • Long Cardigan (not black!)
  • Denim Dress
  • Button up lace or ruffle blouse
  • A few cute vintage pendant necklaces (for everyday wear)
  • Lace up boots
  • Net petticoat (for adding volume to skirts)
  • Polka-dot full circle skirt
  • Quilted Black Clutch
  • Pinafore Dress
  • A pretty summer shirtdress

I think that is all for now, but I have probably left some stuff out. So along with only buying these things I also want to buy them all second hand, vintage or from charity shops. Right, easy?!?! Or not?!?! But if anybody fancies donating something to my wardrobe just email me for my address, lol, only joking! Although I am up for some swaps if anyone fancies it. Im currently waiting on 2 surprise clothing parcels, one from Valencia (roll up your sleeve) and one from Patty Ann (AlphaBetaChic)

Don't forget this weeks giveaway, here.

Ok so it's nearly 6am, I haven't slept yet due to insomnia, (although I have managed the whole first season of Glee!! In love!!) I have a fun packed day though today. Work at 11 (ok not so fun) but then Salsa Class!!! Yay!! I love dancing and I love salsa. Have managed to learn most of the basic steps simply from watching from behind the bar, so I can have a really good go tonight.

Good Night/Good Morning!

Daisymay XOXO

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Ha! I love how your "only necessary" shopping list is so long! That's the kind of shopping ban I can get on board with!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dread to think how long my list would be if I wrote something like this...

    http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a good idea! I have been doing something similar as of late. I will actually leave a store, and think about the purchase for a few days. Then, if I still want it I will get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the items are things i have wanted for ages but have yet to find, hence the reason the list is so long, it is accumulating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love this list you've made!! I should do one too to stop myself from buy things I don't really need in the end:) heeeee

    And girl,yes i do read your comments daily but I'm just really wanting to end this job now and I have the time in the world for all the catching up heee.
    Awwww,yayyy! my package is almost ready soon. I have prep some things for you too,but I will get a few more to just complete the whole package for you.

    big hugssss <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time I go thrifting, I'll keep my eyes open for the things on your list! :D If I find anything you might like, I'll be happy to pass it along!
    And isn't Glee AMAZING?!

    http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think when we don t shop so much,we become more creative to wear clothes what we already have!I m just now saving to buy something more expensive.I don t really need to buy all the time new things to my closet but honestly i miss shopping...

    Have a fab week!


    Nuheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh a trip to china is worth the temporary shopping ban. And as an incentive.. there is good shopping over there!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gleeeeeeeeeeee! Amazing! So good, right?!

    Sorry have been away, evil internet blues... good luck on the...ahem...shopping ban...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails